Setup in infinite tight loop using 100% cpu resource

setup hangs in a tight loop when I try the following command from a cygwin console:

$ $c/cygwin-packages/setup -q -n -D -K http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.sig -l C:\cygwin-packages -R C:\cygwin -s http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/cygwin -P openssh

Starting cygwin install, version 2.774
User has NO backup/restore rights
io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/net-proxy-host) failed 2 No such file or directory
io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/net-proxy-port) failed 2 No such file or directory
io_stream_cygfile: fopen(/etc/setup/extrakeys) failed 2 No such file or directory
Current Directory: C:cygwin-packages
Could not open Service control manager
Selected local directory: C:cygwin-packages
$ $c/cygwin-packages/setup -q -n -D -K http://cygwin.com/setup.exe.sig  -l C:\cygwin-packages  -R C:\cygwin  -s http://ftp.jaist.ac.jp/pub/cygwin   -P openssh

* I realize that I've not the permissions, but setup should be graceful about that and not get stuck in a loop.  Is there something wrong with my command line?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks