Re: reboot command behaves different on Linux

On 3/19/2013 11:40 AM, Frank Fesevur wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that the cygwin reboot works different then the reboot
command on my (debian based) Linux machines. The cygwin reboot
requires a time on the command line while the reboot on Linux doesn't
accept a time and reboots immediately.

Is there a reason why this is? I can create a patch, if wanted/needed.

Regards,
Frank

reboot on cygwin is just a link to shutdown

$ shutdown --help
Usage: shutdown [OPTION]... time
Bring the system down.

  -f, --force      Forces the execution.
  -s, --shutdown   The system will shutdown and power off (if supported)
  -r, --reboot     The system will reboot.
  -h, --hibernate  The system will suspend to disk (if supported)
  -p, --suspend    The system will suspend to RAM (if supported)
  -a, --abort      Aborts execution of formerly started shutdown.
  -x, --exitex     Use ExitWindowsEx rather than InitateSystemShutdown.
      --help       Display this help and exit.
      --version    Output version information and exit.
[cut]