From: Frank Fesevur <XXXX@YYYY.ZZZ>
Date: 2013/3/19 14:02
Subject: Re: reboot command behaves different on Linux
To: "XXXX@YYYY.ZZZ"

2013/3/19 marco atzeri:
> reboot on cygwin is just a link to shutdown

I know. But the symlinks "reboot", "hibernate" and "suspend" don't
react as I would have expected.

I have attached a patched/rewritten version of the shutdown command.
It also adds support for a symlink named "halt" and "poweroff". It is
up to Corinna if she likes my version or not.

$ ./halt --help
Usage: halt [OPTION]...
Bring the system down.

  -f, --force      Forces the execution.
  -x, --exitex     Use ExitWindowsEx rather than InitateSystemShutdown.
      --help       Display this help and exit.
      --version    Output version information and exit.

If wanted I'm willing to create basic shutdown.8 and reboot.8 man pages.

Regards,
Frank