Re: docbook2pdf errors

On 2013-04-12 08:52, Frank Fesevur wrote:
I want convert some documention I wrote to DocBook, but first I want
to have my environment setup correctly. So I installed all the docbook
packages and created a book.xml from the sample at
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/book.html and did some minor
changes.

This document validates properly with these commands:
[snip]
But when I try to convert it to a pdf I get a lot of errors:
[snip]
Did I do something wrong in this very basic setup, or is there
something wrong with a docbook related package?

docbook-utils is primarily for handling SGML, and uses (Open)Jade for processing. It is a known issue that the latter does not properly handle character entities from the newer versions (4.4+) of the DocBook XML DTD. While you could work around this by using the 4.3 DTD, you should be using xmlto(1) for XML instead:

xmlto --with-dblatex pdf book.pdf

HTH,

Yaakov