Re: can't connect to sshd on Vista

On 4/26/2013 6:48 AM, Rick McCombs AD5DU wrote:

After reading this
I can ssh localhost, and it works,  but I can't connect with putty,

firewall enabled ?

and I just tried connecting from
another machine and if I try logging in as rick it is refused if I
connect to cyg_server@rickvista it connects  and drops the connection
after the greeting.
By the way the XP machine that I'm also putting cygwin on has a space
in the users
home directory I changed the user id but changing the directory
doesn't seem possible in XP home. Supposedly there is a way to copy
the profile to a new user I may have to that.

Rick McCombs@ATHLON3000 ~
$ ssh cyg_server@rickvista
cyg_server@rickvista's password:

[cut]