STC for libapr1 flock failure

The libapr1 test cases are failing for flock locks. I've extracted
the attached STC to demonstrate the problem. It starts a number of
child processes, each of which repeatedly grab and release a lock on
a temporary file. While they have the lock, the increment a counter
in shared memory in a racy way.

If all goes well, the counter should end up having the value of
CHILDREN * ITERS_PER_CHILDREN. And it does, except sometimes the
test just hangs. The attached runs the test 10 times, which is
sufficient to reproduce the hang on my machine. Sometimes the first
iteration hangs, sometimes it's the last one.

This was working the last time I built libapr1 (19-Feb-2012).

To run the test, just run "make".

Regards,
David

question = ( to ) ? be : ! be;