Re: Clean install, incomplete setup - no home dir, broken PATH

On 5/10/2013 3:04 PM, Daniel Davis wrote:

<snip>

Is there some way I can find out why /etc/profile isn't being called
when the shell starts?  /var/log is empty but for setup.log* and I
don't see any windows event logs for cygwin.  Maybe that would lead to
better guesses as to why/how the install broke.

If you suspect a scripting issue and you're using 'mintty', you can invoke
it this way to see where the scripts might be going wrong:

  mintty /bin/bash -i -l -x

Otherwise, you can just invoke 'bash' directly from a command prompt with
the line above minus the 'mintty' bit.

--
Larry