Re: CppUTest generated executables hangs after cygwin auto-update

On May 23 13:58, Ralf Glaser, track IT wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> when i replace the original cygwin DLL (which was installed with
> cygwin-1.7.17) with the snapshot from 2012-11-23 the problem is
> already there.
> Maybe just replacing the DLL is not what you had in mind?

That was all, yes.  Did you test the 2012-10-16 DLL, too, by any chance?

> I've noticed something else:
> I've copied the executable from /cygdrive/c/Tools/CppuTest-V3.4/ to
> my home directory to avoid having to change the path for every test.
> No matter which cygwin1.dll i did install the executable was working
> as expected, only when i try to execute it from the /cygdrive/c/..
> path the hangs occur.

This is peculiar.  There are no changes in the 2012-11-23 snapshot
which would explain that.  Does that also occur with binaries from
the distro?

> Please let me know if i can help any further.

Do you happen to know in what OS call it hangs?  An strace of the
hanging and the non-hanging case would be helpful, perhaps.  Also,
can you check the latest snapshot if this is still a problem?

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat