Re: no stdout/stderr from cygwin compiled exe

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM, marco atzeri <marco.atzeri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you running the program inside mintty or what ?

That was genius IMO. I am using Console2 (have been using it for a
long time now) to run Cygwin since I usually have multiple tabs open
(cygwin, cygwin64, mingw, msvc etc.). But I never thought that could
be the problem. I tried running it in mintty and the program works
perfectly! Problem solved - thanks! Should perhaps file a bug on
Console2.

> Could you at least provide the output of
> cygcheck <your progam>

Not sure this is required any more.

>> $ cygcheck -s -r -v > cygcheck.txt
>>        0 [main] cygrunsrv 11432 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace
>> to cygrunsrv.exe.stackdump
>
> This error should not happen, so something is interfering with cygwin

This one's been around for a long time on my machine. Something I gave
up trying to figure out. And yes, I do get this error even when using
mintty. Oddly enough, I use cygrunsrv to start/stop some daemons
regularly - it works fine. The only thing that fails (every time) is
"cygrunsrv -L". It segfaults as shown below:

$ cygrunsrv -L
cygserver
CYGWIN mysql
httpd2
Segmentation fault

It is never able to list sshd (which is also running and without any
obvious problems). If you have another neat idea on why this might be
happening, nothing like that!

>> add_executable (${PROJECT_NAME} WIN32 ${SOURCES})
>
> for cygwin program WIN32 is not defined, are you building
> a NOT cygwin program ?

I agree - don't think that flag has any relevance to Cygwin. I had to
add it only to make the msvc build work.