Re: UNC and POSIX paths

On 06/17/2013 10:54 AM, gmt@malth.us wrote:
As to why not fix the upstreams committing these atrocities, it's the obvious reason -- occasionally one encounters a large body of dense, non-fixable-by-sed/perl, poorly commented "spaghetti" script-code that makes "clever," deep usage of the assumption that "//" == "/". Being able to turn this feature off at one's option would enable them to rule out "//" as a problem when they suspect it might be, and have the additional benefit of not having to fix such code, in order to run it. -gmt
If upstream code is broken it's broken. You can 1) fix it and submit it as a patch or 2) don't fix it and find a better solution.

Stripping off additional '/''s is not that hard a problem to solve - even in spaghetti code.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I just got skylights put in my place. The people who live above me are furious!