Re: Fwd: [Feature request] Setup64.exe should respect more recent packages' version

Il 6/17/2013 9:27 PM, Vasiliy ha scritto:
Ok, I understand, and, yes, it's also about setup.exe. That would be
true if the package was marked as 'a test package', aka those marked
'[test]' in setup.ini, but what if they were not? From my example bash
4.2 is not marked as [test] (I've changed 'installed.db' file
accordingly), yet setup(64) downgrades it to 4.1

Why not use two conditions instead of just one? Say, 'if package is
more recent, and not marked as [test], then do not downgrade (keep)'.

0) please do NOT top post

1) installed.db have no info about test or current.
  That info is in setup.ini

2) about changing setup way of working, we need someone to write
   a patch. Please feel free to send your proposed one.
  I doubt it is on the top list of anyone else to change
  the current behaviour

Regards
Marco