> >> Yes. But not only this need to be in 20 symbols. On cygwin 20 symbols is:
> >>
> >> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64\0
> >>
> >> But
> >>
> >> MINGW32_NT-6.1-WOW64\0
> >>
> >> is 21 symbol.
> >
> > Then drop the dash between "NT" and "6.1".  Or let's drop the WOW64
> > since it's redundant anyway, given the content of "machine".
> >

> Let's drop it!

I'm ok with that, but I think we should drop the "32" from MINGW in
the first place.

Does anybody rely on the "WOW64" in uname -s output?  I just checked
the scripts in /bin in my installation and none of it seems to check
for that info.

And then again, it *is* redundant, given the uname -m output...

Corinna

Red Hat