Request for proxy information

I am trying to use ekiga, but need to avoid port forwarding, which is required by it.  As a workaround I could use "Siproxd - a masquerading SIP Proxy Server".

It has been reported that Siproxd, builds on the cygwin environmnt.  But, that no support, whatsover if provided for cygwin.

Has anywone out there implement Siproxd on cygwin?    I am interested in it's stability in this environment.

Also, I'd like to hear if there are any other alternative VoUP with video/audio transmission for television/telephone.  I'd really like to avoid Skype and use standard world-wide protocols.

Thanks