Re: 20130830, size of shared memory region changed

On Aug 31 14:00, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Cygwin 32 bits. With the 20130830 snapshot i now get many messages like:
> "      x [main] y z shared_info::initialize: size of shared memory region changed from 27984 to 21776"
>
> where x, y and z vary,
> - x is typically a small integer (most often 2 or 3, but occurrences were observed of: 4, 5, 8, 27, even 311)
> - y is a program name (tcsh, echo, tr, grep, cut, cat, g++, factor...)
> - z is a PID
>
> The name "main" and the numbers 27984 and 21776 seem always present.
>
> It seems that each process initialization would generate a message. Otherwise, all seems OK.

I can't reproduce this.  The size of the shared_info changed with my
tape drive related checkin from 2013-08-26, but your error message
points to some older process still running, still using the previous
DLL.  Since the shared_info region continues to exist, any newer process
using the new DLL will find that its idea of the sizeof shared_info
doesn't match what has been noted in shared_info itself.  Nothing else
can explain this.

What bugs me is that the change to the mtinfo structure (only the size
of some members were affected) apparently didn't change the value of
CURR_SHARED_MAGIC, but I don't think we can change this short-term.

Corinna

Red Hat