Problem compiling Qt4

Hello,

I have been trying to use Qt4 in the PLplot project as one of the
graphical devices, but I ran into two problems building Qt4:

- While compiling the libraries, it turned out that the constant
QT_OPEN_LARGEFILE'
  was not defined. I could solve this by adding a definition in the file
  mkspecs/cygwin-g++/qplatformdefs.h.

- This made the build process continue, but later on it failed with

/qt/bin/uic dialogs/qprintpropertieswidget.ui -o
.uic/release-shared/ui_qprintpropertieswidget.h
g++ -c -pipe ... -o .obj/release-shared/qgtkstyle_p.o styles/qgtkstyle_p.cpp
styles/qgtkstyle_p.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void
QGtkStylePrivate::initGtkWidgets() const’:
styles/qgtkstyle_p.cpp:524:9: error: ‘gtk_init_abi_check’ is not a
member of ‘QGtkStylePrivate’

I have no idea whether this is at all relevant, but it prevents the
build from succeeding and therefore the installation fails as well.

Can anyone indicate how to solve this issue?

Regards,

Arjen