Tried to remove cygdrive prefix, ended up "lost" in my filesystem

Hello,

Ive seen and done as suggested on this realted question [#1] about
removing cygdrive prefix but am still unable to get ride of the
/cygdrive/c prefix, and have encountered even stranger errors!

My True directory
    :pwd
    /cygdrive/c/Users/myname
    :ls
    file1
    file2

My Fstab
    :cat /etc/fstab
    # For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
    # http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

    # This is default anyway:
    none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

As a matter of fact, when I add the answer from that question, my ~
directory is no longer my actual home directory!

    :cat /etc/fstab
    # For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
    # http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

    # This is default anyway:
    none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0
    none / cygdrive binary 0 0

    :ls
    .bashrc
    .zshrc

and those are empty/not my real ones! What can I do?

[#1] http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/44677/how-do-i-get-rid-of-cygwins-cygdrive-prefix-in-all-paths