Re: Re: /etc/screenrc issue on cygwin64

On 10/21/2013 08:39 PM, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> I have found that two lines in /etc/screenrc cause the nano editor to get one line off in its text buffer display when running gnu screen in a mintty
>> terminal on cygwin64. The two lines are as follows (the ones beginning with "termcap" and "terminfo"):
>>
>>> # Do not use xterms alternate window buffer.
>>> # This one would not add lines to the scrollback buffer.
>>> # THESE CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH 64-BIT CYGWIN AND NANO EDITOR IN MINTTY
>>> termcap xterm|xterms|xs ti=\E7\E[?47l
>>> terminfo xterm|xterms|xs ti=\E7\E[?47l
>> Commenting them out (putting hash characters before "termcap" and "terminfo"
>> solved the problem for me. I have never seen this issue on cygwin32.
>>
>> To reproduce: on cygwin64, start a mintty terminal, start gnu screen, then edit a file in nano. Soon you will see the text buffer display become garbled. Comment out the two lines identified above in /etc/screenrc and notice that the problem does not occur.
> OK, I got my 64-bit computer back and have just tried to reproduce this,
> but I can't.  I started mintty, started screen, ran nano, and edited a
> large text file, paging up and down through it and adding and deleting
> lines.  The display stayed fine.  I tried it a few times with the same
> result.
>
> Are you still having this problem?  If so, please follow the bug reporting
> guidelines at http://cygwin.com/problems.html.
>
> Andrew

Oddly, I can no longer reproduce this problem myself. I edited
/etc/screenrc to restore its original contents, but the issue did not recur.

I can't see any package updates since the bug report that would affect
the issue.

If the issue does recur, I will follow the bug reporting guidelines.
Thanks for investigating.

Regards

Jim Phillips