Re: popen: Permission denied - error opening man page

On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

> The thread you pointed to suggested that a shell had permissions
> problems.  While I agree that it doesn't quite sound like your
> issue, there's no harm in investigating and trying the solution
> proposed.

Oh yes, that was the first thing I tried before mailing the list. It
didn't do anything for me.

> Try removing this mount point:
>
> C:\cygwin\bin    /bin      system  binary,cygexec
>
> Also try resetting your cygdrive mount to the default:
>
> cygdrive prefix  /cygdrive  user    binary,noacl,posix=0,auto

I did - no difference.

> My mistake.  I thought you would have c:\cygwin\bin in your path
> for the DOS prompt (or give the full path to 'man.exe').  Without
> this, you picked up the 'man.exe' that's part of your Windows
> installation of CMake.  Assuming the above suggestions don't
> help, perhaps another strace of c:\cygwin\bin\man.exe will show
> something useful.

I ran it with the full path to Cygwin's man.exe - edited output
attached (see line 210).

I still see a lot of references to CMake/bin/man in the strace output.
Wondering why.

Thanks for your help.