attempting to get the latest version of Xinetd and Inetd going on the latest version of 64 bit cygwin

Hi all,
I'm just learning how to do this, so please forgive me if I've missed something obvious.  I'm in the process of installing Cygwin on a Windows 8.1 machine with the Inetutils package installed.  My goal is to get Xinetd working properly so that I can define some other services with it.  I've used the following command to attempt to install it since by default /etc/xinetd.conf is not there; do I need to create it?
Cygrunsrv -I xinetd -d "Cygwin xinetd" -p /usr/sbin/xinetd
This command results in:
"interactive is only allowed with install."
What am I missing here?  The same thing happens when I attempt to install Inetd.  Thanks all for any feedback. all is welcome.