RE: Path issue with windows shell

Sorry I did not clarify earlier, I have cygin added to my path and I have
not added anything to /cygdrive or otherwise.

C:\tmp>where ls
C:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe

C:\tmp>C:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe /cygdrive

I noticed that all the paths that I am having issues with are setup via a
"subst" in windows

You can reproduce this problem easily by following these steps

>From the windows cmd.exe shell type

subst R: C:\tmp

This will create a new drive "R" that will point to C:\tmp

In the windows cmd.exe shell type C:\cygwin\bin\ls.exe /cygdrive you will
see your C drive but no R drive

Open the Cygwin shell

Type ls /cygdrive and you will see both C and R

I also attached the cygcheck.out to this email as requested.

Let me know if there is any more information needed.