Cygwin installation scope

Is there a way to install Cygwin such that it would only be accessible to Users within a specific Windows Group?

Right now you either get it just for the installing user or for All Users.  We would like access to be limited to a Group.

I could restrict permissions on C:\cygwin but will that interfere with running Setup if we want to update packages?

And then what about the desktop and start menu icons in all the other User's desktops who aren't in the Group?

Has anyone else done this?