Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?

> Andrew Schulman writes:
> > lftp also has this problem.  It comes with a few sample scripts, two of which
> > are in Perl.  I include the sample scripts because why not, but cygport is now
> > quite diligent about finding this sort of thing, with the result that its
> > automatically-generated setup.hint now says that lftp depends on Perl.  Which is
> > annoying.
>
> The easiest solution (now that the package build is done by cygport and
> the upload done by yourself) is to split these into a sub-package.  The
> main package stops being dependent on Perl and anybody else can get the
> scripts if they want to.

Yes, I'm sure you're right.  But realistically, I'm not going to go to the work
of creating a separate lftp-examples package.  In fact I'm ignoring the problem,
which is probably common.  If I did anything about it, I'd probably manually
suppress the dependency on Perl, and ignore the case of someone who wanted to
run the sample scripts and didn't have Perl... a very small set.