Re: Cygwin slow to drop to bash

On 1/20/2014 10:35 AM, Troy Cleland wrote:
We have ran into an issue with cygwin ssh dropping to bash takes a
long time after we had to do a uninstall and reinstall of cygwin.

We shutdown the service and removed the service. Deleted the entry in
path, registry keys, and directory it was installed in.

But when we reinstalled it, now we have an issue with ssh taking
forever to drop to bash, like 1-3 mins to get to the bash prompt.

Not sure if we missed something during uninstall. Would like to see
what we might have missed. Anyone have any ideas or where to look?

Check your RC files.  If you suspect the problem could be related to
them but aren't sure where the slow-down occurs, add 'set -x' to your
'/etc/profile' and see if there are any pauses in output.  If you
suspect a connection issue, you can turn on verbosity on the client
and/or add debugging flags to the sshd service (don't attempt this
from the command line!)

--
Larry