cygwin-1.7, stty min 0, and console/terminals

Hello list,

I tried to build 8086tiny on cygwin-1.7.28.2, it builds successfully. Then I use runme script to startup 8086tiny as in *nix, which calls `stty min 0` so 8086tiny can read keyboard without waiting. But I found that cygwin-1.7 keeps returning previous char even if there is no input, while Linux and cygwin-1.5 do not have such behavior.

and if I run script with cygwin bash without terminal program like mintty, but run from command prompt, the stty call fails. Why does it fail with "unable to perform all requested operations"?

Best regards,
Roy