Re: Weird launch Cygwin terminal bash shell error

On 2/19/2014 6:16 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
On 02/19/2014 06:10 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 2/19/2014 5:55 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
Running latest cygwin.

Does anyone recognize this error?

/etc/profile: fork: retry: Resource temporarily unavailable 0 [main] bash 2520 child_info_fork::abort
C:\cygwin\bin\cygiconv-2.dll: loaded to different address: (parent 0x490000) != child(0x5A0000)

Every once in a while I am getting this error when launching a Cygwin terminal.

<http://cygwin.com/faq.html#faq.using.fixing-fork-failures>

So why did this just start happening after I ran Setup again a couple days ago?

There can be many reasons.

setup*.exe now does a rebase with each install but things like adding
packages in subsequent runs can still cause conflicts.  The simplest
thing to do when you see a fork-related complaint is to try rebasing.  If
you still see the problem after a simple rebaseall, delete the database at
/etc/rebase.db* and try rebaseall again.

--
Larry