Re: Help with shortcuts

I found this on a Cygwin Facebook Users Group, it shows how to create Symbolic links :

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

It is interesting, but i don't know why anyone would do this. Maybe you could make an "Index" folder and organize certain types of files in it, like music or video.

They say you could use mlink to create an alias to a Cygwin shell script or command So you could create a windows executable that links to a Cygqin command.
This might have a use though.

(mlink is a command a Windows 7)