Re: Cygwin64 ignoring /etc/passwd shell field?

Greetings, Charles Wilson!

> Speaking of base-files, version 4.1-2 has been in test now for over two
> years...works fine here and fixes a problem with $TEMP and other
> "standard" variable names: 4.1-1 set both $TEMP and $temp, but these are
> not distinguished by native processes, leading to confusion if a native
> process reset $TEMP (but not $temp).

I would also greatly appreciate, if PATH assignment would be moved from
/etc/profile to /etc/skel/.{,bash_}profile

I'm not very fond of editing distributed configuration, where it may lead to
update issues in the future, and having Cygwin's /bin in default Windows PATH
from the start, adding it yet again only mangle the variable, not adding
anything to the functionality.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...