Re: Problems with run.exe (silent crashes) - stopped working suddenly

1) double clicking xterm.exe results in two windows - a command window
plus the xterm - this is unacceptable
2) I have used putty a lot in the past; I simply prefer xterm which I
have been using since the beginning of X-Windows
3) I have used cron for backup in the past and use it on various Linux
VMs for various purposes; with this new(er) computer I wanted to avoid
having another background service running when Windows theoretically
offers a good solution. In any case, it worked for over a year.