Re: sox - package is broken

On 10/03/2014 11:14, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Does anybody feel up to the task to debug this issue in the Cygwin DLL?
The DSP code is practically only in a single file called fhandler_dsp.cc.

I've started looking at this, but it is at the very bottom of my priority queue so progress might be slow. Thus far, I've determined that the last 1.5s are missing from *all* wav files piped to /dev/dsp. If your wav file happens to be less that 1.5s then you get nothing. This hasn't been noticed to date because most audio files (e.g. songs) contain an amount of silence at the end of the file to separate the tracks.

The code mentioned above maintains a circular buffer that holds 1.5s worth of sample data, so it is probable that this buffer isn't getting flushed properly. I've spent an evening debugging the code, but haven't turned up anything yet. It doesn't help that the code is rather sparsely commented.

I'll post again if I learn more.

Dave.