Re: Corruption message after updating binutils (both Cygwin/MingW)

On Mar 18 15:16, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Hi Mum, ;-)
>
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> >As usual, it would be helpful if you create a simple testcase
>
> attached should be a simple test case.. The .c file is almost an
> Hello World (in Windows Programming style), and I took it from the
> web. Th RC file is unrelated and consist of a few lines.
>
> $ tar -xvf test_case.tar.bz2
> $ cd test_case
> $ ./build-test_case.sh
> /usr/bin/ld: wikibook_example.out: .rsrc merge failure: corrupt
> .rsrc section
>
> All is very simple. The issue seems to come out fro the RC file usage.

Thanks a lot.

It seems the default-manifest.o file is broken in the first place:

  $ windres /usr/lib/default-manifest.o -o d.rc
  windres: accelerator: not enough binary data

There's a wrong value in the file.  It should have been

  1 24 MOVEABLE PURE DISCARDABLE

rather than

  1 9 MOVEABLE PURE DISCARDABLE

but fixing this doesn't help either.  There is apparently something
else wrong.  I'll discuss this with my collegue.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat