Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-2.24.51-2 (x86/x86_64)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 09:55:39AM +0100, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>CGF wrote
>> I don't support those packages so there
>> is no need to pollute the thread with pointless observations
>
>It was just to remember thet Cygwin distro needs alsot those upgrades...
>
>I suppose that JonY reads also this thread..

So, your supposition is that JonY will see a binutils upgrade but will
require your ping to know that he has to do something.

I'm requesting that you do not, in the future, hijack announcement
threads for your own purposes.

It may not be obvious but maintainers look at responses to announcements
for possible bug reports or observations about their actual release.
Unrelated observations in these threads are distracting noise.