Re: Public key authorization problem with latest snapshot

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 12:25:07PM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
On Mar 20 01:58, Andrey Repin wrote:
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

The code is now practically equivalent to what is in 1.7.28.  Only the
VectoredContinueHandler, which was the reason Cygwin's exception handler
could be called twice, is not called anymore.  Instead there's a vectored
exception handler which is only called during debugging.

Before:

    if (!handler_installed)
      {
        handler_installed = true;
        SetUnhandledExceptionFilter (handle);
        AddVectoredContinueHandler (1, handle);
      }

After:

    if (!handler_installed)
      {
        handler_installed = true;
        SetUnhandledExceptionFilter (handle);
        AddVectoredExceptionHandler (1, handle_while_being_debugged);
      }

If anybody can explain this weird behaviour, please educate me.

I can't explain the behavior, but I could say, that setting
"handler_installed = true;" before the handler is actually installed is not
quite right.
Unless that variable is used inside either of two functions called afterward,
I would move it down to the end of `if' block.

BTDT.  This isn't the problem.  I *may* have found the culprit today,
but I ripped apart a lot of the code so I'm not really sure yet.  Stay
tuned.

The problems I've reported seem to all be fixed in the latest snapshot
(2014-03-29 15:21:43 UTC).  Thanks!

I'm sure Corinna will be happy to hear that.  She put in LONG hours
getting that issue sorted out.

I helped too, of course, by offering important "I don't like that
implementation" style feedback.  It was one of those 50/50 collaborations
where one person does all the work and the other person mentions it on
a mailing list.

Sounds exhausting.  Perhaps you want to sit down.

--
Larry