Re: Trouble with running cygwin dll on Vortex86MX+ CPU

Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> >> Cygwin 1.5.25 seems like a good option. So I downloaded setup-
legacy.exe
> >> from fruitbat and ran it on an XP machine which has not previously
seen
> >> Cygwin. Initially I installed just the base Cygwin files. The process
ran
> >> as expected, and installed 4,263 files in 472 folders.
> >>
> >> However the bash shell appears non-functional as far as external
commands
> >> go. It presents a prompt bash-3.2$, if I type something like ls, it
> >> responds command not found. Any ideas?
> >
> > $PATH?
>
> Indeed.  And if your path under bash doesn't include /usr/bin, then I'll
> wager your postinstall scripts didn't run or at least
completely/correctly.
> See /etc/postinstall for the scripts.  If you aren't able to figure out
> what didn't run properly, you can either try rerunning everything
manually
> and looking for faults (if any) or just rerun setup.exe and hope that it
> has better luck with the scripts the second time around.

Spot on, Larry. $PATH is empty.
I 'Reinstall'ed Cygwin, but the result is the same. I did take note of
setup complaining that there is a more recent version available according
to the ini file (2.774 vs 2.674) but I'm picking that isn't the problem.

/etc/postinstall contains the following "done" script files:
base-files-mketc.sh.done
base-files-profile.sh.done
bash.sh.done
coreutils.sh.done
cygwin-doc.sh.done
man.sh.done
passwd-grp.sh.done
terminfo.sh.done
terminfo0.sh.done
update-info-dir.sh.done

Is there something missing from that list? What's my next step? I haven't
yet tried running them manually, that will have to wait until tonight (gmt
+ 12).

Thanks, Colin