"mount -c /" in 64-bit win7 not persisting

I haven't installed a new Cygwin in quite a while.  I'm doing it this morning on a new 64-bit Win7 box.

I typically set my cygdrive prefix to "/".  In the past, I believe I would do this once, and it wouldn't have to do it again, as it would persist somewhere.

Now, it appears as if this goes away as soon as that shell goes away.

I've checked some of the FAQs and did some searches, but I didn't find anything obvious.

What am I missing?