Re: rm -f behavior

If I do "which rm" and "which chmod", it shows that both commands resolve to the Cygwin binaries.

The attached rm.notworking.trace file is from an "rm -f dac.txt" command that gets the permission denied error; i.e., when the permissions on the file are 444. Things seem to start going south at entry 34276.

The attached rm.working.trace file is from an "rm -f dac.txt" command done after I do a "chmod u+w dac.txt" command.

Regards,

Doug Coup

Objective Systems, Inc.
REAL WORLD ASN.1 AND XML SOLUTIONS