Re: Update CoreUtils

Steven Penny wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
Funny how you're saying "We" as if you are actually contributing
anything other than criticism.

You want me to contribute? Give me maintenance over one of the aforementioned
packages. Ball is in your court.

If you're ready to maintain something, then you must have successfully built the version of the package you want to maintain, applied any necessary Cygwin patches, and gotten it to successfully work on your machine.

Since you've done all that, I am touched by your concern that the rest of us are running out-of-date stuff, and am glad that you are so eager to contribute. I'm sure Eric et al. would be happy to accept the assistance. PTC. (http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC)

Of course, if you haven't yet successfully built the version of the package you want to maintain, haven't applied the necessary Cygwin patches, and haven't gotten it to successfully work on your machine, then it's a bit ludicrous to expect someone to name you the maintainer of said package. You haven't shown any evidence of your ability to perform in that capacity.

--
Chris J. Breisch