Re: More testing needed: New passwd/group AD/SAM integration

On May 13 18:29, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>
> > On May 13 17:29, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> >> Any trivial way I can test that I am actually _getting_ identities
> >> via the new route?
> >
> > Call `id' :)
>
> OK, so that does yield. . .rather different results than it used to.
>
> Poking around with id compared to the the contents of /etc/passwd
> (from mkpasswd) and also compared to what my x86 install (not using
> snapshot) does, I see one glitch and one difference:
>
> Glitch (also true for x86 1.7.29-2):
>   id returns effectively immediately for all users and non-users _except_:
>    > time id Administrators
>     uid=544(+Administrators) gid=544(+Administrators)
>     groups=11(+Authenticated Users),544(+Administrators)
>
>     real    0m2.296s
>     user    0m0.015s
>     sys     0m0.015s

This shouldn't happen as long as we still have the "+" prepended to
BUILTIN accounts(*).  And, as a matter of fact, I can't reproduce this
with the latest from CVS (== the snapshot you're testing).  Did you exit
your shell and restart it after creating the /etc/nsswitch.conf file as
described in my preliminary documentation?

Thanks,
Corinna

(*) I'd be grateful for input to the questions I asked in my OP, too.

Red Hat