Re: Update CoreUtils

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 05:49:53PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 08:12:46PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>>>
>>>You have short term memory?
>>
>> Do you?
>>
>> https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00284.html
>>
>> From the same thread. Amazing that you missed that.
>
>You are out of your element, mate
>
>https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-05/msg00298.html

Nope.  You are confused.  Eric indicated 1) that he wanted to give up
git and 2) he did not want to give up bash or coreutils.  David Conrad
was talking about git.

So, as I said, we are missing a git maintainer even though we did have
someone trying to take on that responsibility.

You should be aware of what happened with git and should be able to
discern a template for how to go about adopting it.  Chest thumping and
rambling essays aren't going to magically make you a maintainer.  If you
are interested then, as I mentioned in the link that you quoted, you
have to learn the rules for becoming a maintainer.  You don't need me to
touch your shoulders with a sword to make things happen.

Oh, and just in case I get quoted in the future again, I'll make it
clear again: I'm talking about git, not coreutils or bash.

cgf