Re: removing files leaves less free space?

On 06/14/2014 07:15 PM, Will Parsons wrote:
Some time ago (for reasons I cannot remember) I decided to make a
clean reinstallation of Cygwin, so as a safety measure I renamed the
old installation to cygwin.old.  After finally deciding I didn't need
cygwin.old any more, I deleted it with:

rm -Rf cygwin.old

The command took much longer to complete than I expected, but what's
more surprising is that there is less available space (5Gb as
indicated by df) after performing the deletion than before.  Does
anyone have an idea on why?

Could be a problem with your disk.  You should check that.

--
Larry