Re: Question on gcc install

On 06/19/2014 07:58 PM, Arthur Schwarz wrote:

<snip>

    Would it be possible to clarify that 64-bit compiler target
    Will only work on a compatible 64-bit gdb (same for 32-bit)
    and that in order to get gcc to generate code for 32-bit
    targets the setup-x86.exe must be used ant that in order to
    get 64-bit target code setup-x86_64.exe must be used?

This is how it works now.  Only if you install both environments
will there be 2 versions.  It's assumed that if you install both,
you know to keep them separate.  Mixing the two environments won't
work.

          In trying to understand your comment I assume that you
          Are questioning items 1: and 2: above.
          1: the latest download, unlike previous downloads, is
              Missing compiler files such as
              i686-pc-cygwin-gcc-4.8.2.exe.

See:

<https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86%2Fgcc-core%2Fgcc-core-4.8.2-2&grep=i686-pc-cygwin-gcc-4.8.2.exe>

It's in there.  If you don't have it, install it.  If it's already
installed, re-install.

--
Larry