Re: Why does df fail to stat CIFS shares?

On Aug 27 15:06, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > The call to NtQueryVolumeInformationFile() in
> > fhandler_disk_file::fstatvfs() in fhandler_disk_file.cc (line 737ff),
> > fails with STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER.  This is a NetApp bug, but we may
> > be able to workaround it.
>
> The bug (if there is one) is that the driver should return
> STATUS_INVALID_INFO_CLASS since it quite obviously doesn't support that info
> class request.  Falling back to FileFsSizeINformation does and returns
> sensible values for all NetApp volumes.  Since at least all NetApp volumes
> here run without quotas anyway, no information loss occurs IIUC.

-v, please.  What means "obviously" here?  Did you ask Netapp?

The FileFsFullSizeInformation class is *old*, it has been introduced
with Windows 2000.  Did you test all combinations I asked you for?  Can
you provide detailed results?  It might help to find a working combination.

Corinna

Red Hat