Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing

>>> It seems you are trying to install into the root directory of the C:
>>> drive. Move it down a directory, maybe into C:\Freeware\Cygwin and
>>> install there and I guess it will work.
>>
>> I tried installing to C:\sv\cygwin, and got the same problem.
>
> With that out of the way, the next most likely culprit would be BLODA
> (virus scanner or something like that).  Since the installation itself
> seems to have worked, you can also try to do a full rebase on the
> installation, removing all the ".done" extensions you may find in
> /etc/postinstall, then running setup again without installing anything
> to trigger the postinstall phase again.  Finally, the first install
> might have left some process hanging so if you want to start over with
> yet another installation a reboot seems in order before trying yet
> another install.

I'd normally suspect BLODA, except there really isn't much installed on this system:
http://i.imgur.com/YBFQx5p.png

Anyway, I rebooted, removed the .done extension from "base-files-profile.sh" (the only file that had one), and ran the installer again. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same errors.

Sam