Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated (experimental): coreutils-8.23-3

Eric Blake <eblake <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Can you give me a simple self-contained script that creates all
> necessary prerequisites before attempting the failing 'cp', to help me
> in trying to reproduce what is going differently here?

As an admin do (replace "user" with any user that is not the admin user and
I'm assuming that /tmp is not mounted "noacl").

--------------
umask 777
cd /tmp
mkdir -p ACLtest/profile.d
setfacl -m m:rwx,g:Administrators:rwx,\
d:m:rwx,d:u::---,d:g::---,d:o::---,\
d:g:Administrators:rwx,u::--- ACLtest/
chown -R user ACLtest/
getfacl ACLtest/ | setfacl -f - ACLtest/profile.d/
getfacl ACLtest ACLtest/profile.d/
ls -alR ACLtest/
cp -r /etc/profile.d/ ACLtest/

With coreutils 8.23-2 this suceeds, with the -3 release you'll get the error
cp: cannot create directory âACLtest/profile.dâ: File exists

Hope this helps,
Achim.