cygstart --directory switch is ignored when using --action=runas

I just ran into an issue that was already explained by someone else here:
http://superuser.com/questions/720846/cygstart-directory-switch-is-ignored-when-using-action-runas

Below I paste contents of above report, from ZeroKnight:

>It seems the --directory switch is ineffective when used with --action=runas
>when using cygstart. For example:
>
>cygstart --action=runas --directory=`cygpath -wa $PWD` cmd.exe /k dir
>
>The expected output is the contents of the working directory of the
>cygwin shell the command was run from. Instead, it outputs the contents of
>C:\Windows\system32, the default starting path for an administrative command
>prompt, completely ignoring the --directory switch. In contrast, omitting the
>--action=runas switch gives the expected output, but obviously not with
>elevated permissions.

Confirmed the bug to still exist on my version of Cygwin, which is:

CYGWIN_NT-6.2-WOW64 work 1.7.28(0.271/5/3) 2014-02-09 21:06 i686 Cygwin