Re: HEADSUP to Emacs users

On 10/13/2014 12:21 PM, Doug Lewan wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ... On
Behalf Of Ken Brown
Sent: Saturday, 2014 October 11 13:37
To: cygwin
Subject: HEADSUP to Emacs users

In a continuing effort to track down the cause of the mysterious
crashes
that some Emacs users have reported, I'm now wondering if these are
caused by the stack being too small.

If you have been experiencing crashes, please issue the following
command (as administrator, while emacs is not running):

    peflags -x0x80000 /usr/bin/emacs-*.exe

This increases the stack size to 8MB.  And please let me know if you
see
any improvement as a result.

Thanks.

Ken

Can that command be run harmlessly while emacs happens to be running?

No.  It actually changes the executable.

(.bash_profile seems like a natural place to put it,

There's no need. You just have to run it once, and then emacs will always use an 8MB stack after that.

Ken