Re: perl -d causes completion to fail

On 10/22/2014 1:09 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On 10/22/2014 7:50 AM, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
Cygwin Ports uses setup-*.exe for installing its packages.  It's also
currently distributing bash-completion 2.1-1, so I strongly suspect that
at some point -- intentionally or not -- you installed the Cygwin Ports
version.

If I did it was totally unintentional especially considering I don't
know what a Cygwin Ports is though I imagine it about porting open
source software to Cygwin and perhaps maybe a site. Are you telling me
that http://mirrors.kernal.org is a "Cygwin Ports" site?

No.  This is what Cygwin Ports is:

  https://sourceware.org/cygwinports/

Ah dang! You're right! I recalled that setup asks for a local package
dir and I typically keep a Cygwin folder with all of the stuff I use
downloaded in case anybody else wants to use it locally. I recalled how
it has directories under it with encoded URL names so I decided to check
my "repo" and lo and behold there's a
ftp%3a%2f%2fftp.cygwinports.org%2fpub%2fcygwinports%2f directory there.
I had no idea that this "Ports" URL was different than any other URL in
that list...

OK so is this bad? Should I remove it? How would I "back this out"?

Just remove it.

Ken