Re: Base 64-bit Cygwin now requires Perl?

On Oct 31 16:47, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 10/31/2014 3:56 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:

> >>This is a side effect of the fact that I switched to cygport for
> >>packaging when I took over as texinfo maintainer.  cygport (correctly)
> >>detected perl as a dependency because texinfo provides perl scripts.  In
> >>fact, the most important program in texinfo is /usr/bin/makeinfo, which
> >>is a symlink to a perl script.
> >>
> >>I'll wait for guidance from above before doing anything about this.
> >
> >Fedora splits out texinfo into 3 packages:
> >
> >1) texinfo: makeinfo, texi2any, pod2texi, /usr/share/texinfo,
> >/usr/share/info/texinfo*
> >
> >2) info: info, infokey, install-info, /usr/share/info/info*
> >
> >3) texinfo-tex: texindex, texi2dvi, texi2pdf, pdftexi2dvi,
> >/usr/share/texmf*/tex/texinfo
> >
> >In this setup, only 'info' would be required by _update-info-dir and should not
> >have any Perl dependencies.  texinfo would be in 'Devel' and would have Perl
> >dependencies, while texinfo-tex would also have texlive dependencies.
>
> Sounds good to me.  I'll repackage within a few days.  Thanks.

We need to make sure that the existing dependencies to texinfo
are still correct afterwards.  22 packages are affected:

  _update-info-dir
  a2ps
  autoconf  all of them
  automake  all of them
  cygport
  docbook2X
  indent

Looks rather harmless, but still something to look into.

Corinna

Red Hat