Re: Setup 2.774 texlive postinstall takes 10+ hours

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I understand that you're patching setup to recognize the autorebase
> package by name, but how does it recognize other "perpetual" postinstall
> scripts ATM?

I actually match an "_always" suffix before the file extension.  So once
such a file gets installed in /etc/postinstall, it effectively becomes a
perpetual postinstall script.  Not the most elegant way of doing it, but
since I needed to carry that patch for setup.exe locally I didn't want
to make it much more complicated, especially nothing that would require
extra features in setup.ini.  We can think about something else if this
is meant to become official.

Regards,
Achim.