Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: getent-2.18.90-3

On Nov 18 07:33, Christian Franke wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >

> >I just uploaded getent-2.18.90-3.
> >
> >getent is a Glibc tool which allows to fetch host, passwd, group,
> >protocol, and service information via a simple tool.
> >
> >The -3 version introduces the ability to ask for passwd and group
> >entries via Windows username/groupname, using the "U-" prefix as
> >in Cygwin's pw_gecos field:
> >
> >   $ getent passwd U-BUILTIN\\Administrator
> >   Administrators:*:544:544:,S-1-5-32-544::
> >
> >You can skip the domain name.  In this case getent relies on the
> >default account name resolution order of the underlying LookupAccountName(*)
> >function
> >
> >   $ getent passwd U-Administrator
> >   Administrators:*:544:544:,S-1-5-32-544::
>
> Looks good.
>
> What is the future way to map cygwin group names to windows group names?
> Unlike struct passwd, the windows name does not appear in struct group.
>
> "getent wingroup CYGGROUP" with some help of a new cygwin_internal function?

I have something in the loop but... why do you need this?

Consider:  The Cygwin accountname is either just a name, or it is
domain+account, or it is machine+account.  So, whatever it is,

  echo $cygwin_accountname | sed -e 's/+/\\/'

will always return a valid Windows accountname.

Corinna

Red Hat