Re: subversion and permissions

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I don't grok that.  If you chmod one of your own files 070 or 060, and
> then try to read it, you get a permission denied error.  This is
> perfectly ok from a POSIX POV.  The problem here is, why does our own
> libapr chmod to 070 at all?  If libapr does it, and if this is known
> behaviour, svn should know this and behave accordingly (re-chmoding
> for instance).

Without having looked at the code, the 070 mode could be an effect of
forced (inherited) ownership and ACL on the filesystem in combination
with a non-ACL-aware application.  Another possibility is a setup where
the user has modify access via some group, but is explicitly forbidden
to create or modify ACL (sometimes they are even disallowed to read
them).  While the file that gets created in this manner can definitely
be changed by the user as far as Windows is concerned, from a POSIX
perspective the user is explicitly disallowed to access it in any way.

Regards,
Achim.